
Drama/Umdlalo womoya
2,759 episodes — Page 39 of 56

S1 Ep 25INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 25 -15/03/2023

S1 Ep 8IQINISO EP 8 - 15/03/2023

S1 Ep 24INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 24 - 14/03/2023

S1 Ep 7IQINISO EP 7 - 14/03/2023

S1 Ep 23INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 23 - 13/03/2023

S1 Ep 6IQINISO EP 6 - 13/03/2023

EFF lays criminal charges against 79 councillors following election of the speaker
The EFF in the Tshwane region has just lay criminal charges against the DA mayoral candidate for Mayor in the City of Tshwane Cilliers Brink and party councillors Jacqui Uys and Katlego Makgaleng for electoral fraud in the election of the Speaker earlier this week. This comes after the DA had instructed its members to number their ballot papers, to prove that they voted for the multi-party coalition's candidate. The IEC declared the DA's 69 votes as spoilt and invalid. His also comes ahead of the ANC march in Pretoria tomorrow together with the council sitting to elect a new mayor. Gauteng Premier Panyaza Lesufi,

"No act of violence or criminality will be tolerated" - Police Minister
Police Minister, Bheki Cele, has assured all South Africans and the business sector, that Monday next week will be a normal business day. This in the wake of a planned national shutdown by the EFF and other interested organizations, calling for the resignation of president Cyril Ramaphosa, end in load shedding and the high rate of unemployment. Yesterday, EFF leader, Julius Malema, confirmed that the protest will go ahead as planned. And Cele says any form of disruption and intimidating of those who are not participating in the protest, will not be tolerated. He says it will be business as usual on Monday next week.

SANTACO says it will not be joining EFF planned national protest
The SA National Taxi Council (Santaco) has refused to participate in the EFF's planned shutdown. The EFF vowed to shut down the entire country on Monday to protest against load shedding and to demand President Cyril Ramaphosa's resignation. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to Santaco national spokesperson Bafana Magagula

KZN family reeling following abduction of their 2-month-old baby
A KwaZulu-Natal is reeling following the abduction of their 2-month-old baby by armed suspects his at baby's home in Welbedacht West in Chatsworth, south of Durban. Police in the province have confirmed that a kidnapping case is being investigated after the baby was snapped on Friday. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to SABC reporter Nonjabulo Mtungwa Makamo.

" Regime change through unconstitutional means will not be tolerated" - Minister in the Presidency, Khumbudzo Ntshavheni
The Justice, Crime Prevention and Security Cluster says it is well prepared for any violent eventualities during the much-talked about National Protest led by the EFF together with various civic formations. The protest, dubbed a 'national shutdown' is aimed at calling for an end to the rolling blackouts, the increasing cost of living and joblessness including for president Cyril Ramaphosa to resign. Minister in the Presidency, Khumbudzo Ntshavheni says if people are not at work on Monday, it would be because they took leave on the day.

FULELA WANETHWA 15/03/23
Presenter: Big Joe

DISABILITY 360 14/03/23
Topic: Self esteem Guest: Mr. Doctor Mayisela

FULELA WANETHWA 14/03/23
Presenter: Big Joe

Health Ombud recommends disciplinary hearing be instituted against the CEO of Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Dr Nozuko Mkabayi.
A report was launched by Minister of Health, Dr Joe Phaahla and the Health Ombud, Professor Malegapuru Makgoba. A report on the findings of an investigation into allegations against the Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital has found that the hospital is unsafe, dirty and filthy. The investigation took just over a year to conclude and some of the complaints that led to the investigation suggested that the dignity of the patients at the hospital was not taken seriously. Professor Makgoba says the report also found that allegation and that Mkabayi was not at the hospital full-time,were true.

69 DA votes not counted as as they violated the law and compromised the identity of the voter
The Electoral Commission says the 69 votes of the DA that were cast for the Speaker of the City of Tshwane council were not counted as they violated the law and compromises the identity of the voter in so far as secret balloting is concerned. This comes as the DA is considering taking legal action against the Electoral Commission over this decision. The elections saw Tshwane councillor and African Transformation Movement member Mncedi Ndzwanana elected council speaker in the early hours of this morning. He defeated the DA led multi-party candidate Kholofelo Morodi from ActionSA. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to IEC's Gauteng Commissioner Thabo Masemula.

DA in Tshwane seeks legal advice over IEC decision to declare 69 of the party's votes as invalid
The DA within the City of Tshwane is seeking legal advice over the IEC's decision to declare 69 of its votes as invalid, spoilt votes during the election of the new Speaker of Tshwane, Mncedi Ndzwanana. Ndzwanana, from the African Transformation Movement beat the DA led multi-party candidate Kholofelo Morodi from ActionSA by 105 to 37 votes. The DA's 69 votes which were declared invalid would have given the DA led multi-party coalition a total of 106 votes to the 105 from the ANC and EFF led coalition. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to DA caucus chairperson, Councillor Jacqui Uys.

FULELA WANETHWA 13/03/23
Presenter: Big Joe

"The suspects are considered armed and dangerous" - Limpopo police on the 6 escaped detainees
Police in Makhado have launched a massive manhunt for a group of heavily armed suspects who attacked and shot at police transport six awaiting trial prisoners and helped them to escape. Udo Carelse spoke to spokesperson for the police in Limpopo, Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo

Security beefed up at Pietermaritzburg hospital amid public sector strike
Security has been beefed up at Greys Hospital in Pietermaritzburg in KwaZulu-Natal as some members of NEHAWU are still picketing outside. Reporters on the ground say there are also concerns about mortuaries not being in service. Udo Carelse spoke to SABC reporter, Nonjabulo Makamu.

NEHAWU reacts to strike judgement by the Labour Appeals Court
The labour appeals court has issued an order interdicting with immediate effect essential service workers affiliated to Nehawu from continuing with the strike or any other form of industrial action. The court order comes as Nehawu had vowed to intensify its strike this week. NEHAWU says it will comment on matter as soon as it receives legal advise. Udo Carelse spoke to NEHAWU president, Mike Shingange

FULELA WANETHWA 10/03/23
Presenter: Big Joe

Hawks brief media on high profile case investigations, milestones achieved since the previous quarter
The National Head for the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation, Lieutenant General Godfrey Lebeya held a media briefing earlier today to give an update on high profile cases the HAWKS are investigating as well as to outline and take stock of milestones achieved since the previous quarter. Lieutenant General Godfrey Lebeya says the killing of police poses a threat to the people of South Africa.

Department of Water report finds severe microbial contamination in South African rivers and dams
There is a severe microbial contamination in South African rivers and dams . Tha's according to a report from the Department for Water and Sanitation which found that more than half of the sampled sites presented a high health risk if water from the source was used for irrigating crops that were eaten raw, and only 42% indicated a low risk. The results also revealed that water in 64% of the sampled sites was unsuitable for recreational activities. Jon Gericke spoke to Dr Moloko Matlala, Chief Director for National Water Resource Information Managemnt at the Department of Water and Sanitation

Questions remain unanswered following death of 4-year-old child in EC pit toilet
Eastern Cape Education MEC Fundile Gade has visited the school where a learner's body was found in a pit latrine. Police have opened an inquest docket after the four-year-old girl's body was found in the toilet at a school in Vaalbank village in Glen Gray on Tuesday morning. Jon Gericke spoke to SABC reporter Sidima Mfeku.

" SA public schools are graveyards where parents send children for education and they come back in body bags" - Centre for Child Law
The Centre for Child Law, together with Public Interest Law Centre, Section 27 have expressed dismay and shock at the latest death of a young pre-school learner who's body was found in a pit latrine toilet in Vaalbank Village in Glen Grey near Queenstown in the Eastern Cape. Police say the 4-year old's mother went to the school asking about the girl's whereabouts as she did not return home. Jon Gericke spoke to Stanley Malematja from the Centre for Child Law.

FULELA WANETHWA 09/03/23
Presenter: Big Joe

"It's a terribly complicated mess" - Labour analyst, Terry Bell on Irvin Jim and Zwelinzima Vavi spat
Online publication, Ground Up , has reported that Irvin Jim, the General Secretary of the National Union of Mineworkers (NUMSA) has given Zwelinzima Vavi notice that the Trade union intends to recall him from his role as general secretary of the South African Federation of Trade Unions (SAFTU) . In the letter seen by Ground Up, Irvin Jim cites that Vavi's conduct over a protracted period of time has plainly brought NUMSA as an organisation in disrepute. According to SAFTU constitution, SAFTU office-bearers can be recalled by the affiliate which provided the office-bearer if the member violates the constitution of the affiliate, or brings it into disrepute. To unpack what these internal squabbles mean, Sakina Kamwendo spoke to labour analyst, Terry Bell.

ANC calls for answers following vigilante deaths 4 independent electricity contractors at hands of Ekurhuleni community
Four independent electricity contractors employed by the municipality of Ekurhuleni to fix electricity at Crywagen Park in were killed by angry community members who suspected them to be cable thieves on Monday afternoon. The ANC in Ekurhuleni, says its highly concerned about mob behaviour which has resulted to the four fatalities. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to ANC Caucus Whip, Jongizizwe Dlabathi.

NEHAWU vehemently denies allegations of deliberately collapsing the country's health-care system
The strike by members of NEHAWU in the health sectors continues to impact health services in the Eastern Cape. The strike affects health service provision at Dora Nginza and Livingstone Hospitals. However, the Eastern Cape department of health secured a court order interdicting striking workers from interfering or preventing the department from executing its duties. The interdict also bars the striking workers from coming within a 200-metre radius of the department's facilities, unless they report for duty. Patients, workers and clients may also not be interfered with or intimidated. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to Nehawu spokesperson, Lwazi Nkolozi.

Health Minister says 4 deaths attributed to Nehawu strike action
Health Minister Dr Joe Phaahla says at least four deaths can be attributed to the strike action. He also hit hit back at workers saying the principle of no work and no pay shall apply as long as the strike continues.

Healthcare system under severe strain amid strike by NEHAWU workers
The country's healthcare system has come under strain as workers affiliated to trade union NEHAWU forge ahead with their national strike action. This despite at least five of the country's provincial health departments obtained court orders interdicting the striking workers from interfering nor preventing the department from exercising its duties. The interdict also bars workers from coming within a 200 metre radius of the department's facilities, unless they report for duty. CEO at Charlotte Maxeke Hospital in Johannesburg, Gladys Bogoshi gave this grim picture of how the situation has been at her hospital.

S1 Ep 5IQINISO EP 5 - 09/03/2023

S1 Ep 4IQINISO EP 4 - 08/03/2023

S1 Ep 3IQINISO EP 3 - 07/03/2023

S1 Ep 2IQINISO EP 2 - 06/03/2023

S1 Ep 1IQINISO EP 1 - 02/03/2023

S1 Ep 36ITHEMBA LEMINYAKA EP 36 - 01/03/2023

S1 Ep 21INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 21 - 08/03/2023

S1 Ep 22INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 22 - 09/03/2023

S1 Ep 20INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 20 - 07/03/2023

S1 Ep 19INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 19 - 06/03/2023

S1 Ep 18INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 18 - 02/03/2023

S1 Ep 17INGWIJI KHWEBU EP 17 - 01/03/2023

FULELA WANETHWA 08/03/23
Presenter: Big Joe

Human Rights activist calls for patients not to be denied healthcare access amid NEHAWU strike
Human Rights activist and Daily Maverick Editor, Mark Heywood says the ongoing wage strike by NEHAWU affiliated workers has resulted in the loss of life. Workers in the public sector have downed tools in demand of a 10% wage increase from government. Heywood says it is vital that striking worker do not prevent patients from accessing healthcare.

" We are NOT turning anyone away"- NEHAWU in Gauteng as public servants continue wage strike
Disruptions have been reported in all main Gauteng hospitals including at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto, Helen Joseph Hospital and the Charlotte Maxeke Hospital. Speaking with SABC reporter, Nothando Magudulela , Nehawu's regional secretary in the province, Vhunani Masindi refuted claims that some strikers pelted cars with stones outside the Charlotte Maxeke Hospital on Wednesday.

At any point where we feel the need to continue "singayisusa" - Wits SRC on 24-hour student protest suspension
Wits SRC deputy president Kamogelo Mabe has announced the suspension of student protests for 24 hours. The SRC say the suspension is on conditions that Wits university removes police and private security from campus. Mabe and the SRC Secretary General at Wits University, Tshiamo Chuma were briefing the media on the latest update on the ongoing protest.

FULELA WANETHWA 07/03/23
Presenter: Big Joe

Thuli Madondela continues testimony in Parliament's Section 194 committee
Former Public Protector, Thuli Madondela continues to engage with members of Parliament's Section 194 committee probing suspended PP, Advocate Busisiwe Mkhwebane's fitness to hold office. This follows a heated engagement between Madonsela and Mkhwebane's legal representative, Advocate Dali Mpofu yesterday where Madonsela accused Mpofu of conducting himself in an unethical manner. Madonsela has been taking questions from members of the committee and here is a snippet of the interaction.