
Drama/Umdlalo womoya
2,759 episodes — Page 30 of 56

President Ramaphosa unveils two Mandela statues in the Eastern Cape
President Cyril Ramaphosa has officiated at the unveiling of one of two statues of late struggle icon, Nelson Mandela at his birthplace of Qunu, outside Mthatha in the Eastern Cape. Speaking on the statues, Nelson Mandela Museum CEO, Vuyani Booi earlier said the figures aim not only to pay tribute to Mandela, but also to contribute to local economic development and create opportunities for the youth. Sakina Kamwendo Spoke to SABC reporter Ntebo Mokobo

S1 Ep 12UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 12 18/07/2023
AM DRAMA

PAC, Azapo hold joint Election Summit
The two like-minded parties Pan Africanist Congress of Azania and the Azanian People's Organization have joined forces in an attempt to garner support from voters in the upcoming 2024 general elections. The two parties met in a joint Election Summit at the weekend in Johannesburg to map out their election pact for the polls. For a look at how this pact will work and what impact it is expected to have on the polls, Sakina Kamwendo spoke to AZAPO President, Nelvis Qekema.

S1 Ep 8ISINQUMO EP 8 - 17/07/2023
PM DRAMA

Court sets aside 2022 ANC Ekurhuleni Regional Conference results
The high court in Johannesburg has ruled to invalidate the decisions, resolutions, and election results that arose from the ANC's Ekurhuleni Regional conference held in May 2022. As a consequence, the ANC has been ordered to cover the costs associated with the application. now that the high court has ruled that the ANC conference outcomes be set aside and therefore invalid - what happens next and what it all means. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to chairperson of ANC in Ekurhuleni Jongiziwe Dlabathi

Senzo Meyiwa trial begins afresh as new judge takes the bench
The high court in Pretoria has postponed to Tuesday the trial of 5 men accused of murdering soccer star Senzo Meyiwa. Judge Ratha Mokgoatlheng is now taking over and is presiding over the trial. The trial was postponed last month after judge Tshifhiwa Maumela fell ill and was also suspended following allegations he failed to deliver numerous reserved judgments, with some dating as far back as 2016.Sakina Kamwendo spoke to Managing Director at Donda Attorneys, Melusi Xulu

S1 Ep 11UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 11 - 17/07/2023
AM DRAMA

FULELA WANETHWA 14/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

FULELA WANETHWA 13/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

S1 Ep 7ISINQUMO EP 7 - 13/07/2023
PM DRAMA

Some technical and vocational education and training students still waiting for their certificates of completion
A sizeable number of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) college graduates are still waiting for their certificates. Students, mostly from disadvantaged family backgrounds have raised concerns on Update at noon, complaining about the delays in the issuing of their certificates. They allege that some TVET colleges are withholding their certificates due to outstanding fees or at times Colleges would claim they had not received the certificates from the department of higher education and training. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to Chief Director for National Examinations and Assessment within the department of Higher Education and Training, Violet Tshetlo.

Constitutional Court upholds Ramaphosa's suspension of Mkhwebane
The Constitutional Court says investigations by the suspended Public Protector, Advocate Busisiwe Mkhwebane into President Cyril Ramaphosa could not expose the president to a conflict of interest in her suspension. This is according to Deputy Chief Justice Mandisa Maya who over-turned the decision of the Western Cape High Court which had declared Mkhwebane's suspension as invalid. Ramaphosa had suspended Mkhwebane in June last year following her decision to initiate an investigation into the theft of the president's Phala Phala Game Farm. Delivering the judgement, Deputy Chief Justice says Mkhwebane's suspension did nothing for the benefit of the president. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to SABC reporter, Canny Maphanga and Senior Legal Analyst and Member of the South African Bar Association, Advocate, Romeo Nthambeleni

S1 Ep 10UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 10 - 13/07/2023
AM DRAMA

DISABILITY 360 12/07/23
Psycho-social disability awareness month affecting adults Guest:Mr Harry Masinga (Social worker)

FULELA WANETHWA 12/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

S1 Ep 6ISINQUMO EP 6 - 12/07/2023
PM DRAMA

FULELA WANETHWA 11/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

Police Minister, police top brass brief media on investigations into ongoing torching of trucks
Police Minister, Bheki Cele together with police commissioner, General Fannie Masemola and his top brass from KwaZulu-Natal, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and Gauteng have addressed members of the media on the continuing torching of trucks in the various provinces. This follows the latest incident where three trucks were set alight, this time on the N2 between Ermelo and Piet Retief in Mpumalanga. This brings the total number of trucks torched since the weekend to sixteen in what has been described as a coordinated attack on the industry. Minister Cele says investigations are continuing into the spate.

Concourt rules in favour of Transport Ministry driver's license demerit system
The demerit system on licenses back on track after Transport department won with point system in the Constitutional Court. The Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (Outa) has suffered a defeat in its bid to have the Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offences (Aarto) Act declared invalid and unconstitutional. Outa had won its case in January last year when the Pretoria High Court ruled that both the Aarto Act were inconsistent with the Constitution. However, then Transport Minister, Fikile Mbalula lodged an appeal with the ConCourt. During court proceedings , Chief Justice Raymond Zondo ruled in favour of the Transport Ministry, but made no costs order against Outa. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to OUTA CEO, Wayne Duvenage.

Acting Public Protector received majority of nominations for the job of the new Public Protector
Advocate Kholeka Gcaleka has gotten the most nominations for the job of the new Public Protector. This is as the ad hoc Committee met this morning to discuss the nominations and applications. The committee has since adopted to publish the list of the nominated individuals for public comment. Ad Hoc Committee chairperson, Cyril Xaba explains.

Three more trucks torched along the R574 road between Lydenburg and Sekhukhune in Limpopo
Three more trucks have been set-alight by unknown suspects along the R574 road between Lydenburg and Sekhukhune in Limpopo. This follows the torching of two more trucks on the N2 between Richards Bay and eMpangeni on the North Coast. Its alleged a group of armed men attacked the truck drivers and robbed them of their belongings while waiting on a queue along the stretch of the freeway. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to SABC reporter, Mahlatse Phaladi.

KZN police investigate cases of armed robbery, malicious damage to property, attempted murder following the torching of more trucks
Police in KwaZulu-Natal are investigating a case of armed robbery, malicious damage to property and attempted murder following the torching of two more trucks on the N2 between Richards Bay and eMpangeni on the North Coast. Its alleged a group of armed men attacked the truck drivers and robbed them of their belongings while waiting on a queue along the stretch of the freeway, torching of six trucks at the weekend on the N3 at the Van Reenen's Pass. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to president of the Truckers Association Association of South Africa, Mary Phadi

North Gauteng High Court places South African Post Office under business rescue
The South African Post Office has been placed in business rescue by the North Gauteng High Court. This is after it was placed in provisional liquidation in February due to its failure to pay rent and other liabilities. Meanwhile, the Acting Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies, Enoch Godongwana has welcomed the decision of the North Gauteng High Court and says this decision will give SAPO the much needed time and space to restructure its affairs. SAPO business rescue starts immediately. Sakina Kamwendo spoke to Tiaan Herbst from the Southern African Advisory Company

S1 Ep 9UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 9 - 12/07/2023
AM DRAMA

S1 Ep 5ISINQUMO EP 5 - 11/07/2023
PM DRAMA

S1 Ep 8UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 8 - 11/07/2023
AM DRAMA

FULELA WANETHWA 10/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

Situation remains tense at Tshwane University of Technology amid student protest
The situation in Tshwane University of Technology TUT is quite tense as students have embarked on a protest action, academic activities have been affected from campuses like Soshanguve, Pretoria west and Emalahleni. Student bodies say among their concerns is persistent delays to pay out monthly students allowances by NSFAS. They're calling on the ministry of Higher Education to swiftly intervene. SASCO on the other hand wants NSFAS to reinstate all payments for thousands of students who have been defunded for reasons not clearly explained to the beneficiaries. Sebenzile Nkambule spoke to South African Students Congress (SASCO) President, Vezinhlanhla Simelane

Johannesburg residents prepare for 58-hour restrictions
Johannesburg residents and surroundings are advised to stock up on water ahead of scheduled water cuts. Rand Water will implement a planned maintenance to tie-in two valves from tomorrow to Friday the 14th of July. The 58-hour project will be undertaken to replace multiple valves at the Vereeniging Water Treatment Plant, Eikenhof Booster Pumping Station and Zuikerbosch Water Treatment Plant. The last part of the project will be work on electrical boards at Lethabo Pumping Station. Sebenzile Nkambule spoke to Rand Water Spokesperson, Makenosi Maroo

S1 Ep 4ISINQUMO EP 4 - 10/07/2023
PM DRAMA

Truck drivers accuse government of turning blind eye to their plight, in the name of economic sabotage
At least five trucks have been set alight in the early hours of the morning on the N4 near Waterval Boven in Mpumalanga. This follows the torching of six other trucks on the N3 in kwaZulu-Natal yesterday, in what has been described as a coordinated attack on the road freight sector. The motive for the attacks is not known but police are investigating. Sebenzile Nkambule spoke to General Secretary of the All Truck Drivers Forum and Allied South Africa, Sifiso Nyathi

22-year-old kidnap victim calls for charges to be dropped against abductor who kidnapped her after birth
While a 52-year-old woman awaits to be sentenced in the Ermelo magistrate's court after she abducted a new born baby 22 years ago, her now 22-year-old victim has called for all the charges against her to be dropped . The woman, who can not be named, was was found guilty of kidnapping after she abducted the newborn girl hours after she and her mom were discharged from the Emerlo Provincial hospital in 2001. Over two decades later, the 22-year-old was found by her biological brother on Facebook. Sebenzile Nkambule spoke to SABC reporter, Nsikelelo Nkuna.

S1 Ep 7UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 7 - 10/07/2023
AM DRAMA

FULELA WANETHWA 07/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

FULELA WANETHWA 06/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

DISABILITY 360 05/07/23
Guest: Mr Bosey Mkhwanazi -IDP for the disabled

S1 Ep 3ISINQUMO EP 3 - 06/07/2023
PM DRAMA

S1 Ep 6UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 6 - 06/07/2023
AM DRAMA

FULELA WANETHWA 05/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

S1 Ep 2ISINQUMO EP 2 - 05/07/2023
PM DRAMA

CAF president and businessman, Patrice Motsepe lauded for intervening in the impasse between Banyana Banyana and the South African Football Association
CAF president and businessman, Patrice Motsepe has been lauded for intervening in the impasse between Banyana Banyana and the South African Football Association (SAFA). This as Banyana Banyana prepare to leave for New Zealand and the FIFA Women's World Cup on Wednesday. Earlier in the week a stand-off ensued between Banyana Banyana and SAFA over contractual and financial issue. Speaking on behalf of the Motsepe Foundation, Dr Precious Moloi Motsepe emphansised the importance of supporting the women's team.

ANC calls for harsh action to be taken against officers allegedly involved in N1 road rage incident
The African National Congress has called for harsh action to be taken against the police allegedly involved at the road rage. The organisastion says SAPS members were caught on camera assaulting a motorist and his passenger should be dealt with. The four of the eight PPU members have since been served with notices of suspension. ANC Secretary General, Fikile Mbalula has called for the immediate suspension of those involved and urged minister of Police and the IPID to quickly investigate the matter

COSATU to lead National Day of Action on Thursday
Labour Federation, COSATU says its all systems go for its planned National Day of Action tomorrow. The protected strike action is aimed at raising concern over amongst other issues what workers have described as an attack on collective bargaining, the high cost of living, unemployment, the energy crisis and gender based violence. Bongiwe Zwane spoke to COSATU's parliamentary representative, Mathew Parks.

U.N aid agencies concerned by Israel's military operation in Jenin Refugee camp in the occupied West Bank
U.N aid agencies say they're alarmed at the scale of Israel's military operation in Jenin Refugee camp in the occupied West Bank, which is continuing for a second day. The U.N. Security Council will meet behind closed-doors on Friday to discuss the Middle East, following Israel's biggest WestBank military operation in years. The raids left ten Palestinians dead and about 100 more injured, with 20 in critical condition, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. Bongiwe Zwane spoke to spokesperson for the United Nations agency for Palestinian refugees, Juliette Touma.

SCOPA calls for speedy re-opening of the Cape Town central railway line
Parliament's Standing Committee on Public Accounts (SCOPA) has called for finality in resolving the re-opening of the Cape Town central railway line. The railway line, between Nyanga and Cape Town, was closed for about three years after people built shacks along it, raising safety concerns for both the shack dwellers and commuters. The line is only partially operating between Nyanga and Maitland, as negotiations continue on the relocation of the shack dwellers. MPS together with Prasa officials embarked on a site visit to the railway line. Bongiwe Zwane spoke to Zalene Merrington

S1 Ep 5UKUBA NGIYOKE NGIPHINDE EP 5 - 05/07/2023
AM DRAMA

FULELA WANETHWA 04/07/23
Presenter: Big Joe

S1 Ep 1ISINQUMO EP 1 - 04/07/2023
PM DRAMA

Inkatha Freedom Party saddened by gunning down of one its councilors in KZN
The Inkatha Freedom Party has expressed sadness and regret following the gunning down of yet another one of its councilors. Innocent Mkhwanazi was recently shot and killed on his way to St Lucia in Durban. His killing comes a few days after the African Cristian Democratic Party's city of Umhlathuze Councillor, Pastor John Myaka, who was also shot dead while on the pulpit at his church in Nseleni last week. Bongiwe Zwane spoke to IFP spokesperson, Mkhulekwa Hlengwa

Southern African Alcohol Policy Alliance calls for authorities to act against establishments that sell alcohol to minors
The Southern African Alcohol Policy Alliance (SAAPA) is calling on the Eastern Cape government and Eastern Cape Liqour Board to close down taverns and other outlets that host alcohol parties for minors. This follows the death of a teenager after a pens down drinking party in East London. SAAPA says a total of 25 children have died in the province in the last 13 months in circumstances where alcohol use was involved. Bongiwe Zwane spoke to Terri-Liza Fortein from the Southern African Alcohol Policy Alliance