
EP.106 英文繪本《跨年夜》/An English Picture Book “The Night before New Year's”
Bear老師的中英雙語故事/Bilingual Story in Chinese & English
Audio is streamed directly from the publisher (rss.soundon.fm) as published in their RSS feed. Play Podcasts does not host this file. Rights-holders can request removal through the copyright & takedown page.
Show Notes
💝感謝贊助Bear老師喝杯咖啡,支持永續經營:
https://pay.soundon.fm/podcasts/f2cb33e1-02d1-4fce-9e8e-68b636579fd0
本集Youtube有字幕喔!(This episode has subtitles on YouTube.)
https://youtu.be/K1Yui0T7z6I
Bear老師的故事每個月月中、月底各上架一集。一個月兩集。
📃如果需要PDF文字檔或想知道更多關於每集的英語小知識,請追蹤:
🅸🅶:bear.bilingual
𝓕𝓑:Bear老師的中英雙語故事
英文繪本《跨年夜》/An English Picture Book “The Night before New Year's”
Hello, This is Teacher Bear, 我是Bear老師。
Kids, it's almost New Year's Eve! Let's get ready to ring in the New Year with the children in this book!
小朋友,要跨年了!讓我們跟這本書裡的小朋友一起準備跨年吧!
An English Picture Book “The Night before New Year's”/英文繪本《跨年夜》
Author/作者:Natasha Wing
Illustrator/插畫家:Amy Wummer
Translator/翻譯:Bear Weir
‘Twas the last day of December, what we call New Year's Eve.
今天是十二月的最後一天,也就是我們說的跨年。
A whole year had flown by, it was hard to believe.
一整年就這麼過去了,簡直難以置信。
We were pretty excited. Our puppy was too.
我們都非常興奮。我們的小狗也一樣。
We cheered, “Out with the old and in with the new.”
我們歡呼著:「送舊迎新!」
“Oh please.” I begged, “Can we stay up till midnight?”
「哦,拜託!」我懇求道,「我們可以一直到半夜都不睡覺嗎?」
For this one special evening, my parents told us, “All right.”
為了這個特別的夜晚,我的父母答應了我們:「好吧。」
So we drove to the store to buy party supplies.
於是我們開車去商店買派對用品。
Hats! Horns and poppers! And sparkly bow ties!
帽子!喇叭和拉砲!還有閃閃發光的領結!
At home we put up all the streamers and balloons ─ silver glitter and gold stars to twinkle up our rooms.
回到家,我們掛起了彩帶和氣球——銀色的亮片和金色的星星,把房間裝點得閃閃發光。
A banner was hung by the ceiling with care, in hopes that Baby New Year soon would be there.
我們小心地把橫幅掛在天花板上,盼望新年寶寶快點到來。
We gathered for dinner ─ a grand, late-night, feast! All our family favorites ─
I ate three cupcakes, at least!
我們聚在一起吃晚餐——一頓豐盛的、深夜裡的大餐!都是我們全家最愛吃的——
我至少吃了三個杯子蛋糕!
With a clink of our glasses we all gave a toast, making New Year's resolutions ─ my dad had the
Most!
我們碰碰杯子祝賀,約定了新的一年一定要完成的事項──我爸爸的最多!
But I couldn't come up with one single vow.
可是我一個答應要做到的事都想不出來。
“That's okay.” said Mom. “you don't have to right now.”
「沒關係。」媽媽說,「你不必現在想。」
After dinner was done, we played checkers and charades, then broke out the cards for a long game of
Spades.
晚餐後,我們玩了跳棋和比手劃腳猜謎遊戲,然後拿出撲克牌,玩了一局漫長的黑桃撲克牌。
We shared fond memories ─ oh, there were dozens!
我們分享了美好的回憶——哦,有好多喔!
Holidays, camping trips, and new baby cousins.
假期、露營旅行,還有剛出生的表弟妹。
Our eyelids were droopy, so we ducked out for fresh air.
我們眼皮都下垂了,只好趕快出去透透氣。
Then came in to watch the crowd lining Times Square.
然後回來看電視轉播時代廣場上人山人海的景象。
“One more hour.” said Dad, “till the New Year is here!”
「還有一個小時。」爸爸說,「新年就要到了!」
“Put on your hats,” said Mom. “Let's practice our cheer!”
「戴上帽子,」媽媽說,「我們來練習歡呼!」
Counting down from ten, without a single mistake, we tooted horns and popped poppers!
我們從十開始倒數,一個錯都沒有,然後吹響喇叭,拉響彩炮!
I was now wide awake!
我完全醒了!
My brother chased our puppy all through the house, then Mom and Dad noticed it was as quiet as a
mouse.
我弟弟追著我們的小狗跑遍了整個房子,然後爸爸媽媽發現家裡異常安靜。
There was no sound of barking no little-boy chatter.
沒有狗叫聲,也沒有小男生的嘰嘰喳喳。
So we sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
於是我們趕緊從沙發上跳起來,想看看發生了什麼事。
When what to our wondering eyes should appear, but two Party Poopers─
我們到底會看到什麼呢?結果居然出現了兩個掃興鬼——
Make that three now, oh dear.
哦,天啊,現在是三個了。
While our puppy curled up on my father's lap, my brother and I went upstairs for a 5-minute nap.
小狗蜷縮在我爸爸的腿上,我和弟弟上樓去暫時睡個五分鐘。
We both soon were nestled all snug in our beds, while visions of fireworks danced in our heads.
我們兩個很快就舒舒服服地躺在床上,腦海裡浮現出煙火舞動的景象。
The next thing I knew it was sunny and bright.
等我看到第二個景象,天已經又晴又亮了。
Rats! We missed ringing in the New Year last night!
唉喲!我們錯過了昨晚的跨年!
But that's when I came up with my resolution, I believe.
不過,我相信就在此時,我下定了決心。
I absolutely will stay up for next New Year's Eve!
下一個跨年我一定會成功熬夜!
Kids, are you going to stay up late this New Year's Eve?
小朋友,今年的跨年,你要熬夜嗎?
“Absolutely!” 在這裡的意思是「絕對要!」
請跟Bear老師再說一次:
“Absolutely!”
Kids, will you continue to learn in the new year?
小朋友,新的一年你也要繼續學習嗎?
“Absolutely!”
「絕對要!」
See you next year!
我們明年見嘍!
--
Hosting provided by SoundOn