
More tolls on I-77? Charlotte leaders discuss proposal: Thursday, Oct. 20
Charlotte transportation leaders held a meeting Wednesday night to discuss a proposal to add more tolls to Interstate 77, stretching from Uptown to the South Carolina border. The Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization said the proposal would add two express lanes in each direction from I-277 to I-485. Cintra, the company behind the existing tolls on I-77, sent an unsolicited proposal to North Carolina and Charlotte transportation officials earlier this year. NCDOT said any tolls projects in North Carolina must be requested and approved by the local planning organization, per state law. READ MORE: https://www.wcnc.com/article/traffic/interstate-77-toll-lane-proposal-transportation-meeting-uptown-charlotte-north-carolina/275-318ebb75-31f6-421c-ba50-46116c1cd4c1 Early Wednesday was a terrifying night for a family living in northwest Charlotte. Around 1:30 a.m., someone started shooting into the home where a 15-year-old, 5-year-old, and 3-year-old were sleeping along with two others. The family told WCNC Charlotte they now plan to leave the home. They had been renting for the past few months. From top to bottom, there were at least 20 visible bullet holes visible in the home off of Coy Court. Several vehicles were damaged as well. READ MORE: https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/crime/shooting-into-northwest-charlotte-home-crime-investigation/275-b4ed9153-54e7-4357-93b7-e5bd40eca142 Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte, and as always, join the conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT!
Audio is streamed directly from the publisher (injector.simplecastaudio.com) as published in their RSS feed. Play Podcasts does not host this file. Rights-holders can request removal through the copyright & takedown page.
Show Notes
Charlotte transportation leaders held a meeting Wednesday night to discuss a proposal to add more tolls to Interstate 77, stretching from Uptown to the South Carolina border.
The Charlotte Regional Transportation Planning Organization said the proposal would add two express lanes in each direction from I-277 to I-485. Cintra, the company behind the existing tolls on I-77, sent an unsolicited proposal to North Carolina and Charlotte transportation officials earlier this year.
NCDOT said any tolls projects in North Carolina must be requested and approved by the local planning organization, per state law.
READ MORE: https://www.wcnc.com/article/traffic/interstate-77-toll-lane-proposal-transportation-meeting-uptown-charlotte-north-carolina/275-318ebb75-31f6-421c-ba50-46116c1cd4c1
Early Wednesday was a terrifying night for a family living in northwest Charlotte.
Around 1:30 a.m., someone started shooting into the home where a 15-year-old, 5-year-old, and 3-year-old were sleeping along with two others.
The family told WCNC Charlotte they now plan to leave the home. They had been renting for the past few months.
From top to bottom, there were at least 20 visible bullet holes visible in the home off of Coy Court. Several vehicles were damaged as well.
READ MORE: https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/crime/shooting-into-northwest-charlotte-home-crime-investigation/275-b4ed9153-54e7-4357-93b7-e5bd40eca142
Watch Wake Up Charlotte each weekday morning from 4:30 to 7 a.m. on WCNC Charlotte, and as always, join the conversation on social media using #WakeUpCLT!