PLAY PODCASTS
Richard Arnold: US Correspondent on the Minneapolis school shooting

Richard Arnold: US Correspondent on the Minneapolis school shooting

The Mike Hosking Breakfast · Newstalk ZB

August 28, 20253m 57s

Audio is streamed directly from the publisher (pdst.fm) as published in their RSS feed. Play Podcasts does not host this file. Rights-holders can request removal through the copyright & takedown page.

Show Notes

Minneapolis' Police Chief says they'll be working to make sure schools are protected following a shooting which killed two children. 

Eighteen people were also injured when a gunman shot through church windows at Annunciation Catholic School, before turning a gun on himself. 

The FBI's investigating the shooting as an act of domestic terrorism and hate crimes targeting Catholics. 

US Correspondent Richard Arnold told Mike Hosking a survey reveals that in the last year, there were at least 91 shootings on school grounds – almost two a week. 

He says the leading cause of death for children and teenagers in the United States is not illness or accidents, it’s gun violence.  

LISTEN ABOVE 

See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.

Topics

Minneapolisminneapolis school shootingschool shootingrichard arnoldus