PLAY PODCASTS
Richard Arnold: US Correspondent on Pete Hegseth facing scrutiny over potential war crime

Richard Arnold: US Correspondent on Pete Hegseth facing scrutiny over potential war crime

The Mike Hosking Breakfast · Newstalk ZB

December 2, 20255m 5s

Audio is streamed directly from the publisher (pdst.fm) as published in their RSS feed. Play Podcasts does not host this file. Rights-holders can request removal through the copyright & takedown page.

Show Notes

The US Secretary of Defence is facing scrutiny for potentially having committed a war crime. 

Pete Hegseth is facing scrutiny over a strike he ordered on a boat in the Caribbean Sea suspected of smuggling drugs.  

The Washington Post reported last week that Hegseth authorised a highly unusual second strike to kill all survivors on the boat – reports Hegseth has denied.  

US Correspondent Richard Arnold told Mike Hosking that Hegseth has previously railed against the Geneva Convention and the legal rules of engagement. 

In his book, Arnold says, Hegseth shares an anecdote in which he tells the soldiers in his platoon to ignore such legal advice. 

LISTEN ABOVE 

See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.

Topics

pete hegsethDefence Secretary Pete Hegsethus secretary of defenceUS Defence Secretarywar crimeus strikesrichard arnold