
Show Notes
I am hesitating about taking part in the debate. 我在犹豫要不要参加辩论比赛。
hesitate about doing...
犹豫做某事Don't hesitate to do...
别犹豫做...
I could not hesitate any longer. 我不能再犹豫了。
not..any longer
再也不...
How should I choose?我该如何选择?
I don't know how to make the choice. 我不知道该怎么决定?
make the choice
做决定
I can't decide yet.我现在还没办法决定。
Don't push me to decide. 别逼我做决定。
push sb to do
逼迫某人做...
I haven't made up my mind yet. 我还没有下定决心。
make up one's mind
某人下定决心
I know that hesitation is no good for me. 我知道犹豫对我没有好处。
be no good for...
对...没好处
Why can't I be decisive. 我为什么不能果断一点呢。
decisive
果断的;决定性的
A: Have you made up your mind?你做好决定了吗?
B: What do you mean?你指的是什么?
A: I mean, have you decided to continue to study or get a good job in a large city after graduation?你决定好继续深造,还是毕业后在大城市找一个好工作?
B: I haven't decided yet. I think it's really a hard decision.我还没决定呢,我觉得这真的很难做决定。
A: How come? It's actually quite simple. If you want to study, you can continue your education, whereas you can find a steady job after graduation. 怎么会呢?其实很简单啊,如果你想学习的话就继续你的学业。反之,你就在毕业后找一份稳定的工作。
B: Yes, but my mother has been in bad health for years. I should take care of my parents, shouldn't I?是啊,但是我妈妈最近几年一直身体不好,我应该担负起照顾家人的责任了,不是吗?
A: Did you tell your parents about it?你跟你家里人说这件事了吗?
B: Yes, but my mother certainly supports my continued study. 是的,但是我妈妈肯定支持我继续学习啊。
A: What about your dad?那你爸爸呢?
B: My dad asked me to make my own decision. So I didn't know what to do.我爸爸让我自己做决定,所以我才不知道该怎么办。
A: I see. It's a really tough choice. I guess there is a good way to satisfy both sides.明白,这的确很难取舍,我猜有一个两全其美的办法。
B: What? 什么办法?
A: There is a vacancy in the English Department. You can study while working.英语系正好有一个职位空缺,你可以一边打工一边学习。
B: But will it affect my learning?这样会不会影响我学习啊?
A: Don't think about it too much. As long as you work hard enough, I'm sure you'll get a lot. Besides, the job is a great opportunity, I suggest you grab it immediately, or it will be fleeting.不要想太多,只要你足够努力,我相信你会有很大的收获的。而且这份工作的确是个很好的机会,我建议你立即抓住,否则它就稍纵即逝了。
B: Okay. I'll think about it again. 好的,我再考虑一下。