PLAY PODCASTS
对爱抱怨的人,就该这么怼回去!
Episode 941

对爱抱怨的人,就该这么怼回去!

和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕) · 英语主播Emily

April 23, 20194m 23s

Show Notes

kvetch

/kvetʃ/


抱怨;爱抱怨的人

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a kvetch.

对不起,我并不想一直抱怨。


Stop whining.

别发牢骚了。


a damp squib

空欢喜一场


A: This hotel room sucks.

这家宾馆的房间真烂。


B: Oh, stop complaining. We only have to stay here for one night.

别再抱怨了,我们只不过在这儿住一个晚上而已。


A: But the carpet smells like a wet dog and the bed is as hard as a rock.

可是这地毯闻起来有发霉的味道,而且床硬的像石头。


B: Why do you always have to kvetch? Let's just enjoy our vacation.

为什么你老是在挑刺?我们就好好享受假期吧。


A: Maybe I should complain to the manager.

或许我应该像宾馆经理反映


B: Please, just stop whining. Let's go down to the pool for a swim.

拜托,别再发牢骚了,我们下楼去泳池游个泳。


A: I'm sure the poor will turn out to be a damp squib as well.

我可以肯定那个游泳池肯定也是空欢喜一场。


B: Look, Phil. This hotel is not what I expected either, but there's nothing we can do about it. 

听着,菲尔,这家宾馆也不如我所期待,但是我们不能改变什么。


A: Oh, okay, then. Finish your coffee and we'll go for a swim.

好吧,等你把咖啡喝完我们就去游泳。


B: I don't want to finish my coffee.

我不想把这杯咖啡喝光。


A: Why not?

为什么?


B: It sucks. 

很难喝。