PLAY PODCASTS
提醒别人“开车慢点”,用这个比喻绝了!
Episode 916

提醒别人“开车慢点”,用这个比喻绝了!

和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕) · 英语主播Emily

July 8, 20193m 9s

Show Notes

madman

疯子;狂人

drive like a madman

开车像发了疯一样



A: Slow down, Adam. You're driving like a madman. 

开慢一点呀,亚当,你开车像一个疯子一样。(只是夸张比喻)


B: I told Nancy I'd pick her up at 9.15.

我告诉南希,九点一刻去接她。


A: Relax. It's not even 9 o'clock yet. There's plenty of time.

放轻松,现在还没到九点呢,时间还早着呢。


B: I suppose so.

我想也是。


A: Did you have breakfast yet?

你吃早饭了吗?


B: No, I jumped out of bed this morning and ran out the front door. I didn't have time to eat. 

没有,早上我从床上跳起来跑出前门,我没有时间吃饭。


A: I've got an apple in my bag if you want.

如果你想吃的话,我包里面有一个苹果。


B: Have you got anything else?

你还有其他的吗?


A: Pens, pencils and a notebook. But nothing edible, just the Apple, I'm afraid. 

有钢笔,铅笔,一个笔记本。但是没有可以吃东西,恐怕只有一个苹果。



B: I'll pick something up at the airport.

我去机场吃吧。


A: Are you crazy? Food's always ten times more expensive at the airport. 

你疯了吗?机场的食物比平时要贵十倍