
Show Notes
A: Hello, Maxwell's Steakhouse. Trudy speaking. How may I help you?
你好,马克斯韦尔牛排馆,我是特鲁迪,有什么可以为您服务的吗?
B: I am terribly sorry, but I need to cancel a reservation I made for this evening.
实在非常抱歉,我需要取消今晚的预约。
A: Oh, that's unfortunate. Under what name was the reservation made?
那真是遗憾,请问订位的名字是?
B: Mr. Lai.
赖先生。
A: Oh, there are actually two Mr. Lais listed tonight.
实际上名单中有两位赖先生。
B: That's right. The other reservation was made by my brother. We had a breakdown in communication and we both made reservations for the same night.
没错,另一个是我弟弟定的,我们没沟通好,所以我们在同一晚上都订了位。
A: And you want to cancel one of the reservations.
因此,你想要取消其中的一个预约。
B: That's correct.
是的。
A: I'll cancel one of them, but I'm sorry to inform you that we charge $100 for cancellations.
我会取消其中一个,可是因为取消的缘故,我很抱歉告诉您,我们会收100美元。
B: You can't be serious. That's daylight robbery.
你不是在开玩笑吧,这根本是光天化日下抢劫
A: I'm sorry sir. It's management policy. May I have your credit card number?
对不起先生,这是管理部门的规定。
请问您的银行卡卡号多少?
B: No, you can't! Just cancel both reservations.
不,你不能这样,把两个订位都取消吧。