PLAY PODCASTS
经典必须英文对话:接机
Episode 922

经典必须英文对话:接机

和Emily一起练口语(附中英双语字幕) · 英语主播Emily

June 14, 20193m 12s

Show Notes

A: Hey, that girl's holding a board with our name on it. Hello, my name's Kyle, and this is my wife, Sarah. 

嘿,那个女孩手里举了个牌子,上面写着我们的名字。你好,我是凯尔,这是我的太太,萨拉。


B: It's wonderful to finally meet you both. I am Wang Dan. 

终于见到你们了,真是太好了,我是王丹。


C: Hi. Nice to meet you.

嗨,看到你很高兴。


B: How was your flight?

你们乘坐的班机怎么样啊?


A: To be honest, I'm not really a big fan of flying. 

说实话,我真是不喜欢飞行。


B: Because of all the security?

是因为这些安检?


A: No. Because it hurts my ears.

不是,因为飞行使我的耳朵疼。


B: What do you mean?

这是什么意思?


A: Every time we land or take off, my ears hurt so much. 

飞机起飞和降落的时候我耳朵都会疼的厉害。


B: That's just the altitude, I guess.

我想这就是海拔反应吧。


A: Whatever it is. It hurts.

不管是什么,反正就是疼。


B: You can try taking some medicine.

你可以吃点药试试。


A: I've tried all sorts of things, but nothing works. 

我已经尝试了各种方法,但是都不起作用。


B: Have you tried earplugs?

你试过耳塞吗?


A: They don't work, either. 

也不起作用。


B: Well, it's lucky you're not a pilot. Let me take you to the taxi.

你没当飞行员,真是太幸运了。我带你们去打车吧。


A: Are we going straight to the hotel?

我们是直接去宾馆吗?


B: Yes. I thought you might like a rest after your flight. 

是的,我想你们刚下飞机可能需要休息一下。


A: Definitely. But we'd like to get something to eat first. 

肯定的,但是我们想先吃点东西。


B: That's no problem. There's a wonderful western restaurant at the hotel. 

没问题,宾馆里有一个非常棒的西餐厅。


A: We were hoping to eat something Chinese.

我们希望吃点中餐的。


B: There's a wonderful Chinese restaurant at the hotel, too.

宾馆里也有很不错的中式餐厅。


A: OK, which way to the car?

好的,车在哪儿?


B: We have to go down this escalator. It's not far. 

我们先下自动扶梯,不远了。